Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment

This is a must read for anyone who finds it hard to live in the moment. It surely was a life changer for me for only after reading first few chapters that I realized that I've been unconscious most of the time. We are either thinking about past or projecting ourselves in future all the time and we miss the present which is the only reality we have.

Reading this book was quite a challenge. I found it really boring during the first few pages for the writer was defining words. Also some examples that mentioned the word 'God' was utterly useless on me. I know it's just a symbol that the writer used so that many who believe in god can fully understand what he talks about.

This book had a great impact on me but due to the above reasons I give it a four.